Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

S's School Trip

This is another blog written by S.

A few weeks ago I went on a school trip in Parpan. We stayed at a hotel called Kiwi Lodge for a week and we did lots of fun stuff. On the first day we dropped off our clothing bags at the hotel and we went on a little hike. For lunch we stopped at a playground with a waterfall.
The waterfall at the playground
After the lunch we went a different way back to the hotel. On the way we went along a path that had a sign saying "Danger!!" My teacher, Herr S, who was leading the way, walked right past it, but another teacher pointed it out. But we decided to keep going. We went down the path -- it was very steep with rocks and tree roots -- but we finally made it to the hotel.

A view from one of our walks
We did a few walks during the week. On one we went to a cow farm and we saw the cows being milked and the milking machine.We also got to pet baby cows. The were absolutely adorable.

I got pretty good at one of the hotel climbing walls
 The hotel that we stayed at was really nice. It had great meals and it came with a few rock climbing walls. We got to climb them every day and I had lots of fun on them. My teacher, Herr S, belayed for me. I was also lucky room-wise. I got to share a room with my very best friends in the school, C, S, & E.
I made it to the top!

Thursday night we had a disco party. Then on Friday, after the fun week, we went on a terrifying hike, including walking through a slippery mud river on a steep slope on the edge of a cliff. 

But overall the school trip was great and I had lots of fun.

1 comment:

  1. S-










    S I really enjoyed the post-I thought you may have gotten too busy. What are we going to do when you come home though with no mountains to climb ? I already think the Littles are going to have "playground withdrawal" I can't imagine what you and R are going to do? Love, Grammie


    ReplyDelete