Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Technorama field trip

This is S again, reporting about my awesome field trip.

There was a take your kids to work day last Thursday and kids who weren't participating were allowed to go on a field trip to a science museum called Technorama. At Technorama most of the time the teacher just let the kids do whatever they wanted and come back at a certain time. Except one time we all went to a chemistry lab for a special demonstration where there were tables with different chemistry experiments and they just let the kids do whichever ones they wanted with all the explosive chemicals and stuff with no supervision unless they raised their hands for help. The kids were also allowed to check out the museum shop which had a lot of cool science toys.

My teacher Herr S brought his son with him. My partner and I near the end of the trip did some things with them in the body section. There we did some things like learning how cats can make their landing soft and seeing if we could make our landing soft, too, and there was a camera that said it could predict where we would land before we even landed. It took pictures of us in midair and was usually about right. There was also a part with humungous plasma balls. When I saw them it made me think of R.

I loved it there so much that I finally decided what I want to do on my birthday. I want to go to Technorama on my birthday. I think T and L will even like some of the stuff there. I think L will like the bubbles. They were really huge. I bet a bubble like that will fit over her whole body. I think she will also like the plasma ball because it is as big as she is.

On the day after my birthday, hopefully we will have some pictures to show you, too!

2 comments:

  1. Another great blog, Susie! This sounds like an awesome way to spend your birthday. Can't wait for the pictures!

    Love,
    Grandma (A) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and it will be a really fun way to spend my birthday, especially with the littles and R there to make it even better. And there is a physics section, I think, so Daddy will like that. Today we are going to make Christmas cookies!

      Delete