Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Globus again

Today S babysat for the littles (with R's help when R came home from school) while I went to Zurich so I could go to the Globus food hall again. I had two objectives: to get Bordier butter and to get cheddar cheese. The butter you know about if you read our blog the other day. I got a very good baguette to go with it. I guess Globus is the place to get bread. It's the place to get everything. I also found Christine Ferber jam, which isn't widely sold even in Paris. As for the cheese - why did I have to go to Globus for cheddar cheese? Because I couldn't find it anywhere else. You might think Switzerland would have all sorts of cheeses, but here macaroni and cheese is made with Swiss cheese. I could have used Swiss, but it tastes entirely different and this was S's birthday request so it has to be done our usual way.



The Globus food hall is the sort of place where everything there is something you would love to try. I reduced the damage by not bringing the girls and not even entering most sections of the store. But the yogurt was right next to the butter, so I couldn't help seeing yogurt sold in little red clay "Joyeuses fetes" pots. The picture shows the yogurt pot, though ours are still in the fridge. I only bought a couple since I wanted to check out the inside of the pots and taste the yogurt before making too much of an investment. However, I am already planning on a trip back to Globus for more. I think these would be so cute with tiny flower arrangements in them. Or displayed with some candy canes inside. Or used to serve egg nog. Or to serve chocolate mousse at Christmas dinner. 

I couldn't resist taking some pictures around town. You can always spot my phone pictures because I forget to turn the camera horizonatally to make things fit better on the blog page.

Stringing the lights by the train station. Town Hall in the background.
I won't have to worry about the suspicious water fountains for a while.

R's shortcut.

A stubborn apple tree. I will have to watch the apples to see how long they can hang on.
I had been watching the roses on the hill to see how long they would bloom. 
But today I was very disappointed to see that the rose bush had been pruned.

No comments:

Post a Comment